Thursday, May 16, 2013

An April Fool in the Sunshine...

First short-sleeve day
as the rays of the sun
upon my face
brings color to my cheeks,
burning winter's pallor.
Only one layer separates me
from the elements.
My feet are warm
in the outdoors
for the first time in months...

People in t-shirts
and bone-colored shins
beneath baggie shorts
smile as the strut about
as if enjoying an inside joke.
Lawyers and litigants in business suits
walk with ties hanging loose,
but the home boys,
still with the hoodies
act as if nothing has changed,
that the world is just the same...
the pattern, perhaps
but not the moment...
     04-02-13



2 comments:

  1. Gus on the reaction selection buttons I can only see the top row... Sad, Funny and Inspiring... there is a second row but I can't read it... can only see a bit of it... is this something you can fix...??? It good to hear from you and see you art... cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. will check into it... thanks for noticing and for the reading...
    peace

    ReplyDelete