Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Monkey Song...

Wish i were a monkey,
not that i'm far removed.
I don't want to be your flunky
bit i don't want to wear your shoes.
If you are deciding
about running or just hiding away,
tell me what you're thinkin'
about your situation today.
Are you happy with your facts of life (facts of life)?
Are you happy towing your line?

Wish i were a pigeon
and some people were statues.
I'm no avenging angel
but at times i would like to let loose.
Standing in a line,
hoping i can find my own way.
Don't tell me how to go
if we are not going the same way.
Live and learn, so my pappy said (yes, he said)
Books may burn
but there still your head.

Wish i were prophet
and i had some Good News.
Buildman ark or leave Gmorrah,
still it would be yours to choose.
If you are still waiting,
hating making up your own mind,
go sit in a corner,
be warmer while you're falling behind.
Nothing's lost, but nothing's gained
but you only get one chance to plat this game,
yeah, you only get one chance to play this game
you only get one chance to play this game...
... unless your name is Shirley MacClaine...
                cica 1981

No comments:

Post a Comment