Monday, September 12, 2011

First Fallen...

In the confusion that is my life
no resolution, no conclusions
just that many more questions
some that i am afraid to ask
fearing i might be brought to task
for something as simple as my opinion
forgive my naivete, to be foolish enough to say
what i feel, not what i think
for i am never sure what that is;
if my thoughts are my own
or one of the thousand other possibilities
as i ponder my capabilites and my faults,
some horrors still locked within dark vaults,
not safes but tombs, ghostly rooms
where shadows lengthen
for what does not kill you 
does not always strengthen
sometimes it leaves you too exhausted to give a damn
Sadly, this is where i am today, or should i say tonight?
Ask me tomorrow by the morning light
and then see what i might have to say
but for now sadness fills me to the marrow;
a spectre, living among the fog shrouded barrows,
grim reminders of long ago lost battles
falling under a black rain of arrows
that all found their way to my heart...
              (11-06-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment