Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Honest Praver..,


To be polite without being insincere
for that always leave a hollow ring in my ear
To be courteous without being condescending
that would be a mixed message you're sending
To temper my words with my heart,
knowing a slip of the tongue  can tighten the knot
of the noose of misunderstanding
To land with both feet on the ground,
to keep my eyes on the prize
and not be distracted by all the actors,
players and posers who who thumb their noses
and roll their eyes heavenward
at honest souls searching for control
To express myself 
without trying to impress anyone else,
to say what i see and what's on my mind
though, like the rest of you,  i am just as blind
This i my goal, this is my prayer
to live the best i can and always continue to care
Lord God, help me get there....
               (11-14-10)

1 comment:

  1. thanks, Janice.. need to fix type settings but glad you like it...
    peace

    ReplyDelete