Monday, April 29, 2013

Near Panic...

It's as if there's little on my mind,
but a weight upon my soul,
a cross i bear without seeing what i carry
as i drag myself toward some form of control
Searching for parity or at least some clarity
to the mirror obscured by my doubts,
darkened by fears that bind and anger that blinds,
with sadness following slowly but surely behind
Sometimes it seems i have nothing to share
and other times much more than i can bear
and not wanting to share troubles
only doubles the anxiety
that grows from within me,
located somewhere near my diaphram
and moving up to my chest.
A rest, you may say is what is needed.
The test is to weather these moments at once,
to pounce on your sadness,
reminding it that it's only in your head,
that you're your own worst enemy
and the battle lies within you...
           04-29-13

No comments:

Post a Comment