Monday, February 24, 2014

Not So Different After All...

When the air is fresh my soul and the earth mesh,
it is anybody's guess
where the two will take me.
Shake me,wake me
someone show me how
all the leaves that grow 
eventually fall without breaking.
Time will tell if this spell will last, 
time to break this fast
for my thirst needs slaking.

When the sun is bright 
wish I was a kite.
When the wind is right
I could soar forever...
but my feet stay rooted
though they are unbooted
and the truth is man was never meant to fly...
but my spirit soars
and ever I seek more;
more than what I am,
a solitary, lonely man
for as long as I can remember.
For no one sees my pain,
they only read my words
and I can't help but wonder
just what you thought,
if you decide to take a second look...

Crying in the wilderness 
of concrete it is anybody's guess,
the echo that you hear
between the asphalt and tears.
The steam vents billow ever on
while beneath the city, in tunnels,
families huddle closer to keep warm
in their Stygian dank homes.
Realize they're not alone,
others just don't realize their surroundings
because we all are truly floundering,
searching to belong...
         circa 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment