Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Concrete Mountains...

I could say I  always know best,
but you would know better.
Doubting every move I make,
struggling to find myself without losing the world.
Maybe I don't belong within  the concrete confines of a city.
Feeling lost, stuck in traffic without knowing any shortcuts,
always late on my way to no where.

What I need is a scenic route
to take my mind
Away from hamster running on their wheels,
away from goldfish swimming in their bowls,
away from songbirds caged, singing muted songs,
away from rows of cubicles,
from slaves in their quarters
unaware there is something wrong.

I could say I understand the world I see,
but I don't think you would believe.
Looking at the confusions on my face
that no amount of posturing could erase.
Better said, I find it hard to accept
and would like to distance myself
from the soured milk of human kindness,
from man's inhumanity to man
and all other creatures, great and small..
                circa 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment