Wednesday, March 26, 2014

In Good Company

In the quiet moments
your Soul reverberates,
echoing in my Heart,
filling me with Contentment 
i have rarely known...
The simple pleasure of your company is dear to me,
be near to me is often all i need to anchor my Soul,
too long left foundering,
reaching for a hand that was not there...

In your presence i am aware of myself,
my Attributes and Faults laid bare.
You temper my Faults,
reminding me how far i still need to Improve
while your appreciation of my poor attempts
to treat you as i feel you deserve serve to remind me
that effort is not wasted if it is appreciated,
One does not need to Overcome to Succeed,
it is the attempt that speaks of Determination and Belief...

Patience is indeed a Virtue,
born of Understanding and Empathy,
recognizing the feeling behind the action,
the Hurt beyond the Anger, 
the Frustration damning clear thought
in the swirling deep Darkness of Doubt...

Like minds, like souls
like hearts,
may we never part...
        03-26-14







2 comments: