Monday, May 19, 2014

Childhood Stories...

Cinderella,wait for me
Heard you have connections
So that ride is free
The carriage is waiting
to take you down the line
but what price will you pay
if you don't get there on time?
Look out, look out, Red Riding Hood

Can't you see that the wolf
is up to no good?
He has all the answers
to all of the questions you ask
Don't get to close or you'll be in his grasp.

Alice, pass us into Wonderland
so we might get to know
how a pawn should stand
Move me around,
move me around as you pleas
but i will never
bring any king to his knees.
Hurry, worry, scurry, Chicken Little
I believe, as you,
that the sky will fall
If not today, tomorrow,
why aren't you scared?
Is it that you have found peace
in being prepared?

Brother, father, sister, Mother Goose
So many morals from which to choose
i am a child,
please tell me how it will end
happily ever after is only pretend
Childhood stories, make believe
Politics and democracy
Draw me a line,
tell me where Truth does begin
or leave me alone
with my Nursery Rhymes once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment