Thursday, October 23, 2014

October Sky...

Sweater weather;
     morning snaps open
     amid the Grey
     and the trees as they sway
     in time with the cars

     as they roll past,
     leaves chasing after
     like country dogs
     chasing pickup trucks
     down a dirt road,
     growling and snapping
     at the spinning tires
     as they kick gravel
     back into their faces...
Delicious chill,
     with warm woolen socks
     and my trench coat flaring
     behind me like a superhero's cape,
     my walking stick
     keeping the beat,
     playing a game of mumbley peg
     with my quick moving feet,
     a smile or a nod
     for every person I meet
     for in Autumn
     I glow from within...
          October 22, 2014


2 comments:

  1. Autumn is the most favorite of mine the color of the trees are vivid here where I live
    Your writings are truly a gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary...
    for the reading and for your comments...
    peace

    ReplyDelete