Friday, June 26, 2015

Windborne...

The Day decides, not I,
the Wind blows
and off I go
whither it may take me,
till the requirements
and Dire Testaments
of a Civilized Society
(excuse the laugh
into the sleeve
as some ridiculousness
is too much to believe)
drag my feet back down
to sweet Mother Earth...
 
Better I should drive a hearse,
picking up the Dead
as I go along,
"Bring out your Dead,
Dead Man walking"...
Lives without Balance,
splattered with mud
wallowed in a rut
tattered and bedraggled
in their finest togs...
 
Jogging with I-pods,
filming on I-pads,
talking on I-phones
and wondering why
the Live alone among the Lonely...
 
You know the Truth in this,
you know that which,
it is you miss,
there has been something
missing all along ,
knowing what is wrong
and doing nothing
is the greatest Sin of all...
 
June 11, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment