Thursday, April 9, 2015

If Not You and I, Who?...

So many Theories,
so many Queries,
Dreams of Elves and Fairies
and Castles in the Air;
have a care with your Dreams,
guard yourself against the Schemes
of those who prey upon your Hopes,
who cope with their frustrations,
their ambivalence and limitations
by bringing you down to their level,
for the Devil surely is the details,
they will gut you
with a condescending smile,
leaving your entrails trailing
behind, mile after mile
as they espouse Brotherly Lovc,
having received messages,
Eminent Domains and Grand Designs
from Power that Be
or Up Above...

Meanwhile, back 
in
the Land of the Free
and the Home of the Brave,
Slaves still broil and toil
in modern Fields of Cotton
as we accept the Twisted Lessons
or worse yet, forgotten
Look away, look away, look away
Dixie Land...
 
Lies my Teacher told me
but I would not be bought or sold;
long have I fought
for some semblance of control
in a World Gone Mad
hanging on with fingers long tired
to only now realize to let go
and light my own Fire
in the Hope my Signal Fire
may inspire you
to sit up and take note
that Hope is indeed
a thing with Feathers,
floating, floating...
Listen, the Wind
whispers to you as well...
April 6, 2015
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment