Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Only Warriors Cry...

Where is my Respite,
who will ease My Sorrow,
who can break
the Deafening Silence,
who dares into My Darkness follow
and peer at the Multitude of Sins;
where would I begin
when the Sardonical Grin
leers back, rears back
its ugly head
and roars my name,
what has changed but the Date
when I am forever running,
a Day late and more than a dollar short
and all I have left
are my sharp retorts
and quick hands,
hoping I land on my feet,
praying I can complete one thing,
hoping what I bring to the table
will not be too tainted to eat,
never enough, never enough;
rough hands and callused Heart,
Soul torn apart on a daily basis,
insults borne from the Nameless
and the Faceless
just to bring you words on pages
wet with tears
from Long Ago Ages,
Stages upon Stages,
Rages upon Rages
and for what;
so you can read
and nod your head in agreement?...

Is this my Lot in Life,
not much of a Life
when you have naught much else
but Soul...
March 30, 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment