Monday, June 9, 2014

Have You Seen?...

It's what i do,
     as if i ever had a choice...
How much more insane
     would my life had been
     if i had not heeded,
     once in a while,
     my inner voice?...
Fighting doubt and temptation,

     torn between the paths
     towards destruction and creation...
Wondering if it is the height of conceit
     to dare these dreams;
     to speak the truth plainly;
     to plan but not scheme;
     to be exactly what i seem...
My mentors from centuries past

     were true to themselves,
     the proof being their words have lasted
     as empires rose and fell.
     as pilgrims prayed
     and Messiahs fasted...
I, too, will go unto the desert,
     if that is what it takes...
Never said i knew the Truth

     but perhaps i might get you to see it
     then tell me, please,.
     i may have missed it...
           June 8, 2014





  

No comments:

Post a Comment