Thursday, June 19, 2014

Resolution...

I have to sustain my life,
     maintain and even keel
     in the midst of all this strife...
Attain my goals,

     but at what cost to my soul?...
Remain true to myself
     as I continue to grow,

     contain my doubts
     while letting my fears go...
Detain my enthusiasm,

     temper it with concise thought,
     see what pertains
     and what stories
     should not be bought...
See what became of

      the lessons I've been taught...
Realize that no two anythings

      are the same...
Remember we have nothing

     if we don't have our good name...
Understand feelings in others

     and mine are the same,
     just born of different experiences...
For the happenstance of life
     is as flickering candlelight,
     keeping darkness at bay,

     but a fragile delight...
          June 23, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment