Thursday, June 19, 2014

Momentary Distractions...

Let me disappear today
    that is, in fact, if I ever was...
Give me little rhyme
    and less reason
    for once, let's just say...
because...
I'm tired of the tears

     and the fears turned to phobia,
     the jeers down the years
     from strangers
     never taking the time to know you...
Snap judgments, books and covers...
Traumatic changes,

     just how does one recover?
 How many time must the door
     slam in my face

     before I turn away?...
I am always forgiving

     but I can never forget
     but what I tire of
     is the helplessness and regret...
Foolish words and foolish temper
     when it is all as simple

     as picking up a phone to say,
     "Hey, how have you been?
       You know, I have missed you..."
             circa unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment