Monday, June 9, 2014

The Belles of St. Mary's...

Angels under the fluorescents
     gliding noiselessly
     in their sneakers...
Taking in their charges,

     some old friends.
     D.O.L.L.s and such,
     and others not so dear...
Scrubs of many colors,

     a rainbow surrounds me
     as they float and hover about me...
Feverish though I am,
     cannot help but notice
     never having seen so many
     attractive women in one place
     as I turn my eyes slowly
     from face to face...
Thank you, Clara Barton,

    this I call a bargain,
     if I should leave this Earth today
     I was helped along the way by cherubim,
     Hippocrates daughters,
     the ones who are there
     first and last...
A large shadow to cast,

     if you have the heart and soul
     to separate the tempest and find control
     for to heal is to know what's real
     when you hold another's life
     in your hands...
          
 June 69, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment