Wednesday, February 18, 2015

3 am - Sleeping Sickness (SlowlyCreeping)...

Waking,
need not look
to know what Time it is,
the Little Voice calls;
rise but do not shine,
for it begins with
an Inner Glow,
a heat rising,
an Invisible Sun,
a Desire deep,
a Need to Know...
 
Where was I
just moments ago,
where did Sleep take me,
on what Journey
did I go;
what did I Learn,
what else do I
need to know
before Day begins
and the Sins of Our Fathers
continue to smother,
Ambivalence
and Apathy
continue unencumbered,
for the Wagging Dog
entertains
but leaves you
in a fog, a wet rag
wondering where Truth lies,
where Truth lies,
Truth lies
(hmm, there's a concept)
realize the Truth has been a lie...
Feb. 18, 2015
 

5 comments:

  1. Gus
    I was the inspector you chatted with this morning and wanted to tell you your poem was beautiful . Have a nice warm day ..Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Inspector...
    glad you took the time to "know' me and my poetry...
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brought a tear to my eyes beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a talent a glimpse into a beautiful soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, anonymous and Sue...
    never fails to surprise me that anyone finds my work even remotely interesting...
    thank you very much...
    peace

    ReplyDelete