Friday, February 20, 2015

The Bridge Between...

Biting Wind,
snarling Dog of Winter,
howls again;
your hair could be like icicles
feel cold splinters
piercing fingertips
to the chilled bone,
no, make that marrow
and if you're unlucky enough
to be on your own
you might be discovered
on the morrow
turned to stone
like Bilbo's Orcs
without a campfire
to warm your frozen toes
for Winter kills,
Winter kills
but you go willingly
to the Old Man's Embrace
and this windy ten below
trying to get past my defenses
is just a taste
but I'll not have
my Last Supper
at that table...
 
Black to under lit,
to Grey comes Blue
turns White
and Rose come dancing,
the Line of Day
marked on the Horizon;
Thomaston and W. Main,
on the bridge
overlooking the River;
Night behind me,
Day before,
which way would you go
for I've never seen a Tomorrow
nor been back to Yesterday...
Feb. 20, 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment