Monday, February 23, 2015

Eternity's Urkel (Did i Do That?)...

Is it the Thought that counts
or is it
the Road of Good Intentions;
no good deed goes unpunished
(so they say...)
and who are "they"
then anyway
for it is they who seem to know
as all these little adages
creeping and crawling
to be written
the subway walls
and tenement halls
and can I use that
if it has already been mentioned?
 
Come along
and let us cry together
for you know right now
I have to stop and take a knee,
the wind was knocked out from me
and I need a moment,
maybe longer,
to gaze back into myself
for now
and see if I recognize
the Demon
who was on the prowl last night
and if I caught his name,
for to name a thing
is to know a thing
and then see where it fits
within this Game...
Feb 23, 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment