Thursday, March 19, 2015

Compelled to Say...


Far away Eyes,
Mysterious smile
shortening the Distance
eradicating the miles
too often tempted
too long kept to myself
for I could not bear
my Heart broken again...

Too easy it would be
to fall headlong,
to long to Belong
to the Vision before me
and send the rest of the World
spinning off into the Galaxy;
the thrill of you beside me
I know is all I would need,
for though we have never met
more than my Heart leapt
and awoke when we first "spoke"...

Is that not how it ever goes,
the rush of Breath,
the tingle in the toes,
the flush I Feel
and, somehow, I think
you do know what I mean,
what I feel, so real
and yet so Dreamlike?...


Fool I am and ever shall  be
no control over myself
the few times before
this has happened to me
nothing but my Heart
I hold in my hands,
nothing but the shirt on my back
and I dare think so,
Lord, what did my Common Sense
along with what little is left
of my Pride go,
to want you to know
how you make me Feel;
the Rush,
the Glow...

Forgive me,
then,
my Foolishness
and be glad for the Distance
that has kept you safe
from the awkward,
juvenile,
puerile advances
but,
even with that said,
I would still take the chance
on you...
March 18, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment