Monday, March 16, 2015

The Pines (the pining)...

It is the opposing Forces
that mold us,
the Battle Within
makes us, takes us
convinces us
where we need to be
perhaps not when
we are at our strongest,
nor at our weakest
but where we need to be
for the moment of greatest worth...
 
For this I have always gone to Earth;
to Rock and Wood,
to Track and Trail,
to find a stand of Pines,
always Pines
and I nearly always find one...

Press my hands against the bark,

there, where Tree meets Earth,
littered with needles,
I brush them away,
the Grey mold, the White lichen,
the rich, Black Soil,
palm on Earth,
fingers on tree;
this ever has soothed me...

What thought is deeper
than Roots ever delving,
can you rise higher
than the branches of this Tree?...

No, your lot and mine

belong alongside,
here,
so it is best to make your Stand
in the best place it could be...
Feb. 22, 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment