Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mary O'Hara (First Day o' Spring)...

An Ode to thee,
sure it is,
you know
I would get to it,
eventually;
by way of Thanks
and Gratitude
about your fine Demeanor
and Attitude,
embodying all I see
as Proper and Good
in the Magic and the Mystery,
Tradition and the History
of Myths and Legends
Dear to me;
a thatched roof,
a walled garden
an Apple Tree
and a trace of
Sea on the Breeze;
hint of a Smile,
sitting with knees
about my chin
wonderin' when I  walk you home
will you ask me in
for a cup of tea
with pie and cheese;
Dear God,
Dear Ireland,
stamped upon your face;
Truly this is the stuff of Legend,
now, then,
lend me, then, Lass,
another Smile...
March 2o, 2015

4 comments:

  1. Wish you were here, I miss you, a friend far away is a good friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always here, just a matter of where here is...
      hahahaha
      peace

      Delete