Thursday, March 12, 2015

That's Mall, Folks...

Once more into the Fray,
a foray into the Herd Mentality;
looking not at the Quality
of a Thing, a Product, a Brand.
a Brand indeed;
to be upended , suspended
with legs crossed as you are marked
with a logo resplendent
in your designer jeans,
(oops, not called that anymore
and when did a sweatshirt
become a hoodie
and where did the Izod alligator go?)
seems the same styles are back
from the seventies
but I still struggle the difference
between cargo and chinos,
pants and slacks;

damn, ma'am,
just a pair of six-pocket pants,

two-pocket shirt,
a pair of waterproof hikers
and call it good,

the rest become State Secrets
or Secret Ninja stuff by morning

so I dress not for success
but for comfort
and still don't see the harm
it does me
or anyone else,
but stare as pass,

girls daring each other to touch
my staff as I walk by,
the Matrix-Shaman-Assassin's Creed,

but am I also not just a man,
if thou cuts me will I not bleed?...

 
The Ebb and Flow
but mostly ebb,
trickle-down Fashion,
knock-offs alongside mark-downs,
don't leave until you seen
the Best Deals in Town,
what is it draws you back
to the same stores, the same products
what draws me back,
for as you surely stare at me,
I sit and gaze in wonder
at the lot of you...

March 8, 2015
 


No comments:

Post a Comment