Sunday, January 25, 2015

Norse Wind...

Glistening, gleaming
     as the beams 
     of the streetlights
     shine down upon
     the snow falling softly,
     dancing upon the powdered sugar
     already lying in inches,
     but somehow can not
     be called thick
     when a passing car
     sends it swirling about my boots,
     dervishes whirling with delight 
     as they dance, skirts swirling
     at the sight of snow shadows,
     if you look upon it just right
     you see two snowflakes
     landing at once;
     the trees and brush
     are candy covered floss,
     though some cry at the loss
     as my shoulders toss aside
     branches hanging 
     just a little bit lower,
     my step a little slower,
     not at any obstructions,
     just slowing to gaze
     in pure and grateful wonder
     at the construction
     of the marvelous scene before me;
     and then Sun rises
     and surprises me,
     for now the colors are
     spread upon the white lawn
     and I'm walking
     the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard...
            January 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment