Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Pan...

Seems always in the City
     bracing myself
     for yet another blow,
     eyes furtive,
     muscles tensed,
     this is  the Age
     of Watch Your Back,
     ya know;
     it is only amid
     the Ice and Snow,
     Wood and Water
     where I find respite,
     where my muscles relax,
     there is where
     I have ever gone,
     where I wish you
     all would go,
     for many would not
     come back;
     Earth
     would swallow you whole
     and spit out the bones,
     releasing those poor
     tired, unknowing souls...
If you can survive
     a wooded Winter Night,
     if you can look upon
     Moonlight blazing
     through the Pines
     with Delight,
     if you wish you fly
     from the first Star
     on the right
     and straight on
     until Daylight
     then you can walk
     beside me
     and I will hold your hand
     as tightly as I can...
         Jan. 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment