Monday, March 26, 2012

Holy Relic...

Make the sign of the Cross
and hope the gains
outweigh your loss
as you struggle to find yourself
in the suit and tie crowd of Christianity
Did they ever see me at all...?
it was there i became the Ghost,
wandering the halls,
wondering if someone would take note
of the empty desk by the window
and ask who sits there
Did they care at all...?
for no one heard my footfalls
as i prayed to a God i did not believe
to show me one sign He cared
and how i dared him to strike,
as if the lightning just might rouse me
but the carousing and careening
with all my senses reeling
became a part of what i was feeling
and the surplus electricity that emanates from me
became poem and song
so in the end, the wrong made right
and though it has been a long struggle
and ever the search for the light
have come to believe that maybe
it was the only way for me
to have made it this far...

               03-14-12

No comments:

Post a Comment