Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ray-Ray

He's a good kid
but don't you mess wid him
he'll let you know real fast
not to come up behind him...
He's got a good heart
but you better not start
anything you don't want to finish
Took me to his home
as left me alone with his mother
telling me she's having a rough time
take care of her for me
and in a moment of clarity
i had an epiphany
knowing this is where
i was supposed to be
at that moment in time
and when he returned
the three of us learned
a little about each other
he always carries a weapon
cos he don't want to get stepped on
and i wondered where society went wrong
to make him live in such a world
asked me if i could give him a ride
to his father's house with his mom
and said you don't have to stay
you can just drop us off
but his mom handed me her grandson
and said "i hope you don't mind,
"he seems to know that you are kind"
so we entered the house together
with Ray-Ray trailing behind
and his father welcomed me there
and never mentioned my hair
and didn't ask what i was doing there
he just smiled and shook my hand
and when we left he told me thanks
for bringing his family to his place
he had not seem them in years
and l left with a smile on my face
and the wind in my hair
and tears for a memory
time will never erase
i hope he doesn't end up shot
i pray for him cos he's got a lot
to share and family who cares
it seems no matter where i go
i find the real people still exist...
Ray-Ray, keep your head high
you're known as Blaze also
let your flame reach the sky...

              04-21-10

No comments:

Post a Comment