Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Little Things...

It truly is the little things
that make you feel like you alive
and i'm not joking...
a simple word, a loving voice
and you have no choice,
to know that someone cares
makes you want to sing
and run around in circles
for all the joy that it does bring
Come hear my laughter
and let's talk afterwards
for you know me best of all

Hear my heart
it is beating once again
it starts and stops
ever since way back when
before i was me
and came into this world,
a Stranger in a Strange Land

And people, people, people
do you hear some of the things you say?
How much better off
would we all be
if no egos got in the way?
and i'm a child, i'm a child
who doesn't understand
the workings of society,
the stupidity of man
but im no better, i'm no better
wondering whether you see too
that thinking of others first
is the best thing you can do
so take a moment
and take a deep breath
a take minute to think it through
before you say the things you do...
              04-16-10

1 comment:

  1. Gus,that is beautiful and so true. I have missed my friend. You always have a good heart and put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete