Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Watcher in the Woods...

The leaves as they crinkle beneath my feet,
let my smile add another wrinkle
for this is a taste almost too sweet
as i walk a path made not by man...
These are the moments
i have to come to understand,
Not the blare of horns
or the squeal of brakes,
not the smell of garbage
in the shadows of man's sorry state
i live for this and cannot wait
to walk alone in the woods
To feel the sun against my face,
the wind in my hair,
the open space
the feral memories
have not been erased
from this primitive
and if i could live in a secluded wood
with clear, clean running water
you know i would
it would do my son and daughter
a world of good
to live the simple life
This is all i would need,
my children and my wife
and leave civilization
and it's discontents
far, far behind
for i tire of the same old story
the struggle for money,
fools seeking glory
Lord knows i find it all rather boring
but i could watch a squirrel play
... all morning...

         03-10-10

No comments:

Post a Comment