Tuesday, November 22, 2011

All Hallows...


 As the flame flickers and sputters,
i gaze into the darkness and wonder;
what words will come, gasping from having run
when they saw through the window my light was on?
Never fails to quicken my breath
as my eyes see the words appearing before me;
sometimes it's almost as if i can see them
floating in the air above me
I never choose, i take them all;
kind or  cruel , big or small
They don't belong to me,
i belong to them
for whatever reason or rhyme,
perhaps just to ease my time on this orb
that has rounded my shoulders and hung my head low
or maybe one day i will learn from myself
and absorb the lesson trying to be shown
but for now i cry alone
for no one i know sees this ghost either
just a walking bag of bones...
10-21-10

No comments:

Post a Comment