Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Catch the Moon...

The sunset lit the Harvest Moon
     in a crown of orange and pink
as a cloud, shaped like the Hand of God,
     cupped, then gently released it
to stand back and revel in its Glory...

     The thunder in the distance rolled toward me,
quickening my footsteps, though i knew
     i would soon be under a deluge
and this there would be no avoiding
     As the trees alongside the trail
trembled in anticipation,
     i wondered,
was it of the Moon, the Equinox or the rain
     or a mixture of all three
that quieted the Wood to a stillness
     making me slow my step to not break the silence?
With a crack of lightning breaking the pane of Darkness,
     the rain comes in sheets
as the water flows beneath my now bare feet
     as my sneakers find my pockets
crowded but dry
      I find a deadfall, almost dusty, barely damp
beneath a massive uprooted  oak
     i crouch and spy the wonder now before my eyes
as the Moon turns red, surrounded by lightning
     rising higher, but still not the moment,
the longest day or the shorter way
     the precipice awaits...

Ends the shower,
     it has been nearly an hour
and just a mist upon my hair and coat
     Staff in hand, survey the land
back to playing mountain goat
     At the ridgetop is where i stop
and gaze out from atop the boulder
     Winds of Change and Seasons change
can you feel the air will soon be colder?

No comments:

Post a Comment