Monday, November 21, 2011

Spinning the Wheels...

A window to the outside world
lets me see the weather change,
the rising sun and falling shadows
tell me a new day has begun
If my eyes are windows to my soul
could you tell me what you see?
For when i stare into the mirror
i am never sure what it is i see;
A child afraid of growing up,
a man afraid of looking back
a singer softly singing his songs
a poet expressing feelings he lacks
Torn between what i am and what i long to be,
between beliefs held perhaps too long
and simple truths i cannot see
Is the wheel turning but the hamster is dead?
Circles spin within myself
that all lead to a dead end
or is it a dead heart?
Tired of a life mired in forever starts and stops
What does it take to inspire me,
what is it that conspires to sabotage me
while all the while i give a nervous laugh and smile
for in the end i have no one to blame but myself
for self awareness does not always lead to self sufficiency
if you have any doubts take a closer look at me...
11-16-11

No comments:

Post a Comment