Monday, November 28, 2011

Gene Pool...


Sins of the fathers,
tears for my daughter
for sadly i see too much of me
in that beautiful face
Oh, that she might escape
the fear and trembling,
the neverending doubt
the self hate i feel
when i am not distracted
when i have nothing to gaze upon,
wonder about or  to keep my thougths
from whirling about...
That is where i have hid
since my shattered youth
and the murder of what i held true
When heroes became monsters,
when my neighbors became witches
teaching me what i never wanted to know
and is now second nature,
without a thought, i venture...
When heads rolled and tents folded
as the carnival and the caravan rolled away
The ice cream man covered his face in his hands,
his heart turned cold as he lost all control
when the mother screamed for her son...
When you cannot trust what you hear
you become deaf
when you cannot believe  what you see
you become blind
when no one hears your hoarse cries
you become mute
Deaf, dumb and blind i am becoming
and i blame my lack of faith,
not anything or anyone else...
09-28-10

No comments:

Post a Comment