Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Off the Grid...

Blue-black rose the morning
black and blue my soul
One bird sang alone for a moment
as sunrise took the roll
to see what had survied the night...
Every day another heart flutters and sputters,
every night eyes close, not to open again,
with each wave something sinks below the water
perhaps it was that message in a bottle i had sent...
For the Fleet will not appear on the horizon,
the Calvary only finds smoking remains,
the Moon turns blood red in the morning light
as the Sun rises in the cycle that has not changed;
like the changing of the tide
where the waves reveal then hide
what are treasures beyond measure to some
and merely flotsam and jetsam to others
What would you rather see,
is that what torments me?
i get lost in beauty of the Earth
as the World passes me by
Return me, then, to a forgotten glen
far from my sorrows...
past where the concrete ends...
                  09-25-10

No comments:

Post a Comment