Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tomorrow...

Slice of Life
takes on different meaning
beneath the bright moonlight
and the stars as they lay gleaming...
Sad smile, for was it real
or was i dreaming;
the Sleeper who Never Dreams
the Dreamer who never wakes?
It is then i look at my hands shaking
and reality, not sanity returns to me,
making me stop and see
and realize how little it would take...
For just an instant all seemed right
and the fight was gone
in a rush of exhaled breath
and then a sharp intake,
is not pain always a surprise?
You can hear pain in a weary voice,
you can read it in your eyes,
you can wonder till forever,
you can die theorizing
Now the too, too  sad realizing,
the despising is rising,
stuck in my throat
to match the mote in my eye
and i need spew it out
or let it chew 
and spit me out...
     09-24-10

No comments:

Post a Comment