Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dial Tone...

What to say
after you have said too much?
Broken heart, tiny parts scattered
all over the forest floor,
glints of light on the trail,
a constant reminder
how many times i have failed;
to say what's right,
to right the wrong,
to find a place i can call home
Yes, i could live without a phone
for no one ever calls me,
not even my dear family
unless they need something from me
or say they are worried
but more likely embarassed by me
Ever the ghost, caught between extremes
and that is why i am rarely seen
in my true form
Long after my body lies cold
my soul will still search for you
the broken heart will still beat
dead but still warm
To reach for the heights of happiness,
to run to the sound of your voice
to fall seconds later
with a mute scream
for you've turned that page
you've changed the scene
and i can only play the fool
i have always been for you
and all that matters is;
nothing it seems
when you are judged by others
for what they have experienced in the past
and good intentions are not mentioned
just each time you failed in your task
When your hopes lie on tomorrow
today is a sad dream...
         09-25-10

No comments:

Post a Comment