Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lord's Prayer II...

Lord, give me the strength
     to overcome my faults
I have fought long and hard against myself
     and have come up lacking
I have backed myself into a corner
    and it is no warmer there
Those who care about me
     want to help as best they can
but it is within me where my troubles began
     and from within me must come the cure
How long must i endure
     the sense of loss i have always felt?
What was stolen from me
     so long ago that i forget
what it feels to be alive?
     Sitting crying to the wind,
the trees, the stars
     hoping to come across a solution,
perhaps lying on a beach
     within a bottle washed upon the shore,
having traveled from afar
     or perhaps the nearest star...

God, i have doubted you
     but how could i not?
Deep within my misery
     wondering how no one can see
just how miserable i am
     If this is part of you plan
and least help me to understand
     I don't seek reward,
i just want to go forward
     Tired o treading water,
i want to be able to provide for my son and daughter
     Peace of mind and soul is all i have been after...
How long, Lord, how long?...
            09-07-10

No comments:

Post a Comment