Saturday, December 10, 2011

You Know You Know You Know...

Stars collide,
     leaving glittering constellations
sparkling in the blue-black sky
     Silver-tipped birds fly,
showering a rainbow of gossamer feathers
     The breeze glides past your face,
caressing your cheek as it calls your name
     in a throaty whisper,
soft and at the same time insistent
     Angels perch on church rooftops
gaze with cherubic calm,
     but with the strength of their convictions,
as they gaze upon a world
     they love but don't understand...

All this and more i feel
     when i take you in my arms
There is nothing more real
     nor harder to define
as when our lips touch
     How does one explain
the sunset to the sunrise?
     How does one describe
the light i see within your eyes?
     How could one disguise,
how can i get you to realize
     that nothing else matters more
when i am alone with you?...
               11-10-11

2 comments:

  1. I Love this; it reminds me of a lot of what I went thru this year, especially 10-19. You my friend, are a very talented, creative and touchig person; and I'm glad I have had the opportunity to know you.

    Hugs to you and yours, peace my friend!

    Valarie Alessio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Val - it always surprises me when a very personal poem affects someone else in the same way it touches me - thank you, my friend...
    peace
    Gus

    ReplyDelete