Tuesday, December 13, 2011

High Plains Driftwood...

The first cool morning of summer
reminds me the year is moving on,
leaving me to wonder
what progress has been made
on this journey i am on...
My resolve has not faded,
don't think i have become jaded
and i have not traded my heart or soul
for a place in this World,
that to me,
seems to have lost all control
but none of it's nerve...

This World, it seems, i see as if in a dream
or a nightmare you can believe
where the wicked rule
and the good don't receive what they deserve
i am still such a child to believe in fair,
when i have seen with my own eyes
there are still people who care
who are willing to be there
when the moment comes?
Heroes stand and fight,
sometimes die,
but never run into the night,
they fade into the sunset,
always heading towards the Light...

In the land of sagebrush and cactus
is where you will find us,
after the hurley burley is done
after the battle is lost,
for it is never truly won...
There we will begin again
and try to undo what we have done,
remembering the cool of the morning
and the warmth of the noonday sun...

                   07-30-10

No comments:

Post a Comment