Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Basic Instinct...

The difference between cold and frigid
     danger looms, do not kid yourself;
White sleep awaits the foolish, the unprepared
     The air itself seems to have contracted,
rushing into your lungs and then expanding
     enough to take your breath away if you draw too deep
The shock of ice on the fire in my heart,
     a thrill none the less and one i regularly seek
to test myself against the elements
     a primal need, to see if i can
After all, it was accomplished by Early Man;
     how could i do less without thinking less of myself?
Doomsayers and deep cellar dwellers aside,
     it is a skill i can say i have with pride
If the day should come where Man 
     needs to hide in the bosom of Mother Earth,
She will already know my name,
     i have already prepared my hearth

No comments:

Post a Comment