Monday, August 15, 2011

Twinkle...

I have but one voice to call my own
my words, for but one ear;
this now for some thirty odd years
Now, so much nearer yet further away
leave me not tired of hoping
but afraid, fearing wrong words to say

It is in the not knowing, the not sharing
the sudden turnarounds and turnabouts
the pundits say are fair
but do they know just where
indecision and the indefinite leave the soul ,
desperate,when every precious minute
is as blood from your veins?

This is what has not changed since that very first day;
thirst won't die, hunger won't go away
which has nothing to do with the feelings existing between us
it's just hard not to notice the electricity between us
the sparks that fly from your eyes
to the smile on my lips...
         (12-01-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment