Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Open Mic, Open Heart...


With the music pulsing beneath my feet,
     my thoughts turn to you
and when next we may meet
     I have in mind an act of kindness
to be done by pale moonlight
     so you may wake to a smile
as the day breaks bright...

Let this, my wish, come true for you
     Such a simple thing it is i would do
so you may know as true
     and see my love, my life
is here for you...

Restless now, my hands and feet;
     fingers strumming
toes nervously tapping the beat
     with distracted mind
 all else is left behind
     and only you command my attention
all this and more so you might understand
     the pure heart that beats for you alone
within this flawed and foolish man...

Not seeking gratitude,
     just a smile,
for that has always been enough
     and now even more so
for the tiniest morsel,
     the crumbs of your love,
feed my soul, sustain me...

My love endures,
     Time can not change this
if obsession this be
    it has sustained me
during moments of distress
     the thought of you,
the hope i still hold true
     somehow still comes shining through,
reminding, in spite of all
     you need but call and i will come
for you have always be the only one...

No comments:

Post a Comment