Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fleeting Images...

Forever in Limbo
for there is only so far i will go
whether out of fear or courtesy
seems i'm forever letting others tell me
what i already know, what little of me shows
behind the sad smile
It's as though i exist on another plane,
change the angle of the mirror
and have a look again...
Tell me what you think you see
and i will shake my head, sadly
for you are judging me by your values
not by what i'm trying to be
Where is the parity?
this World is not for me
it has never let me be
but is it they or is it me
that doesn't see clearly?
Sometimes i seem so close
i almost taste the sweetness of completeness
only to have the bitter cup of my realities
send me back to where i don't want to be,
between the Scylla and Charybdis
of my dreams and daylight
having nothing of my own
just these questions that i write...
          (11-29-10)

2 comments:

  1. hello gus ... beautiful poem ... are nice words that you use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ivetuka... much appreciated... glad you keep visiting.. if you like "join" it's free and like to know you follow my poetry... thank you again... peace

    ReplyDelete