Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Recognition (To Thine Own Self)...

I seek the Earth to forget the World
     and the cold heart of civilization
where my soul has been hurled
     Long have my banners swirled in the wind
but this morning they are furled
     and may not be loosed again...

For many years i have battled myself;
     my own worst enemy i can blame no one else
Blind i may be to many things
     but myself i plainly see
and have never liked the reflection
     staring back at me
How can i love life so much
     and abhor myself,
how can i speak of love
     when i feel it in no one else?
How can i trust words spoken
     when half the time it seems they are just tokens
said to placate or worse patronize
     for despite the words i hear
the truth is still reflected in your eyes;
     a quick look away as they words you say
seem out of place with the look on your face
     I am the only one who sees the Truth
in the face of man or is it again,
     just a madman's imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment