Thursday, August 4, 2011

Then, Now, Always...


Will i ever be close,
     but not close enough
to feel the love but not the arms
     of the one i have forever sought?
Within the silken strands
     of the sweet dream i am caught,
     forever in your spell...

Long ago you helped me find my voice,
     gave breath to my thoughts,
put music to my words;
     all  in the hope you would hear me,
in the vain hope you would see me
     as i am, flawed but if anything,
forever the knight seeking your hand

I remain here, as ever, on my knees
     asking just to be near you
There are things that have not changed in me
     but perhaps should have
and changes in me that perhaps shouldn't have
     but the one constant, the one true star in my sky,
the glimmer of hope i feel, i see and know,
     is when i see the love in your eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment