Monday, August 15, 2011

Know...

If  the tables were turned
tell me, what would you learn?
Where would your thoughts go
when you're left behind and alone?
Of the the things that you need
how can you make me believe
i am somewhere on that list
when you won't speak my name
Time is what you say you need
time away, time drags and seconds bleed
what is there left for you to believe
what i've come to know

Now i see where i stand,
once again empty hands
Put my them in my pocket
as i walk with my eyes downcast
Sadly, sigh to myself
softly cry once again
Awash in a sea of anguish
begun with a tear of doubt...
Time is what you say you need
time away, time drags and seconds bleed
if you won't take my hands, what are they for?
help me come to know...
          (12-04-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment