Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ghost's Shadow...

Where the Red Fern grows
amid the pine tree's toes
as the rough bark buries
into the moist dark soil,
hungry for the musty nutrition
The sour smell of the logs decaying,
wet leaves leaving just a hint
of sweetness to the air
amid an Autumn day, warm as the brown leaves
brought spiraling down like torn parachutes
during the squall but two day past...

The last i remember a November day this warm
i was walking 'tween the hills and mounds
of a green and glistening Wisconsin ,
feeling blessed by the sun and lifted by the air
as the moments hung for hours
in the hazy glow of early morn,
my thoughts turned by
and borne upon the breeze,
hoping always to find you...

For it is in these moments
my thoughts turn to wherever you may be
to what you may be doing now
instead of sharing this with me
Yes, these are the moments
that set me free
Is it little wonder
where my heart chooses to be?
For i realize now,
even in my darkest moments
i was never alone...
You were always right here,
beside me...
          (11-23-10)

2 comments: