Sunday, August 14, 2011

Golgotha...

Will this Well of Tears ever dry,
how long can one cry
before the eyes grow dim,
when the chance for happiness seems slim?
I've read despair is a sin
but when you feel  you can never win
what else is left?
We are what we are , nothing less
and certainly nothing more
for despite my years of exploring
within myself and without any help
i always come up short
in matters that matter
but when it comes to idle chatter
i can keep up with the best
but sadly, that has never been my test
Mine has been an uphill climb
from shame, pain and degradation,
from smiling monsters
who fooled all but me
Why could not the others see
knowing that, i knew they would never believe
Compounded by the sins of catholic education,
omission and repression
the token ethnic did not learn his lesson;
sin all you want, just be sure to go to confession
Let me follow the Stations of the Cross
as i approach my Calvary
Be sure to use the lance
to make sure it is the end of me...
            (12-05-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment