Thursday, July 28, 2011

Because...

Because the moon shines
    i look up to see it
Because the sun shines warm
    i hold my arms out to feel it
Because the Earth spins
     at times i feel dizzy
Because i am human
     i wonder if anyone will miss me
Because i feel
     sometimes i cry
Because i think
     i sometimes wonder why
Because i'm kind
     i let insults slide
Because i get mad at others
    i wonder if i have too much pride
Because i live i am all of this
     Because i know i'll die
i long for that one magic kiss
     Because i wonder
i write it on the page
     because so many don't
sometimes i'm filled with rage
     Because i'm me and not you
little wonder we are all confused...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary...
      not accustomed to comments so I don't often look at that column in my blog... but love that you do...
      again, I can't quote a line of any but one of my poems (oddly, the first printed) so "reread" when I see likes on fb or comments here...
      thanks for the reading and the cyber friendship...
      peace

      Delete